Food and Food: Las Vegas and Travels13 Aug 2009 12:50 pm

And just to finish things up, a random assortment of Vegas photos. I also blogged about the Pinball Hall of Fame on my colleague Ben Gelinas’ blog, Button Mash. “A Pocketful of Quarters in the Ultimate Vegas Arcade.

Since I was “in the area” while at the Springs Preserve, I swung by one of the homes Michael Jackson and his children lived in while they were in Las Vegas. I felt a bit shy getting out of the car, but the security guards (one of them in the car in the shot below) were nice. I viewed some of the letters and memorial items left on the gate, and left.

MJ02

MJ01

UFC 100 was held at Mandalay Bay. It was all anyone was talking about in town for the few days after…it was a big deal. I was really happy to be able to attend. There were thousands of rabid fans, and many Canadians. It was a great night.

Lesnar declared the winner

Lesnar declared the winner

Crowd favourite Georges St. Pierre (left) vs Thiago Alves

randoLV01

randoLV04

Mandalay Bay empties out

randoLV06

Fun signage in the men's change room at Barney's

Tuna Tartine at Bouchon's brunch

Tuna Tartine at Bouchon's brunch

randoLV09

At the Pinball Hall of Fame

randoLV09

$5.95 shrimp "pancake" at 2am. The restaurant offers up pho 24 hours a day, dream come true. It also has the best name: Pho Kim Long.

randoLV09

Mirage pool view

2 Responses to “Random Vegas Gallery”

1. on 13 Aug 2009 at 1:05 pm Jayson

I went to school with Brock Lesnar in Minnesota. That guy was cartoonish big back then! When he wrestled for the U, he had an ad in the school newspaper with the 125 and 150 lb. wrestlers sitting in his hands over his head. He had this big dumb smile on his face. It was hilarious. Him and his goonies would ride their motorcycles to the campus bars and park their choppers on the sidewalk right next to the door. I, of course, didn’t say anything…!

2. on 14 Aug 2009 at 9:44 am tinge

Drew it is, I thought you knew.

Pho Kim Long, just replaced the longstanding Champion of the “Best Pho House Name” award – now in second place Pho Bich Nga cries alone at night.