General23 Aug 2006 10:55 am

My first set of good friends got married two weekends ago in a lovely ceremony that really showed who they were well. I took photos at the wedding, but my favorite ones are of the gift opening. Here is a sequence of photos that show Dan and Roz opening their biggest and best gift. Any guesses on what it is? I will post what it was after the photos.

What was it? Roz’s parents gave her $25,000 to get her Ph.D. started. Dan started crying before Roz did, and they both sat there in shock a little while. Even typing about it now gives me goosebumps. What a lovely couple, and what lovely families. Good luck to you, guys!

8 Responses to “Roz and Dan’s Gift Opening”

1. on 24 Aug 2006 at 11:01 am 32-P

Am I the only one who can’t see the pictures? 🙁

2. on 24 Aug 2006 at 8:21 pm Mark

I can’t see them either. Maybe it’s abstract. The empty blue borders represent the gift boxes, and your imagination is the gift they contain!

I DO MATH NOW! Let’s see… 8 + 1 is…

3. on 27 Aug 2006 at 3:26 pm Kelly

So. Weird. Whenever I have been posting photos lately, WordPress (or I?!?!) have been putting in weird spaces or x’s in the code. I was getting angry that i could see the photos on the directory address, but not the page. Now it’s working!! Yay! Gift opening madness! PS: Prem, check out the centipede post earlier that day. Those pics weren’t loading either.

4. on 27 Aug 2006 at 6:34 pm Jayson

Wow Kelly, you really caputred that moment well. Those two will be happy forever!

5. on 28 Aug 2006 at 10:56 am 32-P

Oh my God – those centipedes are teh hawtness. I’m back in Edmonton now, I should totally go meet them and give them a housewarming (boxwarming?) gift. Chocolate-covered ants, maybe? What do centipedes eat anyway? Also, I agree with Jayson, you really captured the moment with Roz and Dan. Many many congratulations to those two crazy kids. 🙂 I DO MATH NOW!

6. on 30 Aug 2006 at 7:59 pm Roz

Hi Kelly! Thank you thank you thank you X infinity for capturing that precious moment – now everyone has seen me bawl like a baby! ;o)
    32-P: Thanks very much for the congrats!
    JAYSON: You’re right, we’ll be happy forever ;o)

7. on 30 Aug 2006 at 8:01 pm Roz

Oh, also, Dan got the same present from my parents, but it’s $25,000 towards his MBA!

Oh and PS: EWWWWW to the new found hobby you and Mike have! Sorry I HATE bugs! That’s the one thing I’m freakin’ out about in Thailand! The other one is sketchy people either trying to scam me or steal from me. Eeek.

8. on 30 Aug 2006 at 10:01 pm Kelly

Oh, Rozzy, you’re so cute. The grossest things you will see in Thailand (in descending order of grossness are) 1) rats 2) cockroaches almost the same size as rats 3) botched lady boy operations.

Scamming and stealing are pretty easy to avoid. It’s all covered in my class “How to Avoid Scams”. It’s available for the low low price of just four payments of $100 each! What a deal!